2020 Census Block data now in REC Datastore
2020 Census block level data is now in the REC Datastore. The data elements supported include:
Geographic and basic statistical data:
- Block group
- Census tract
- Census parameters related to tribal lands
- Centroid latitude and longitude
- Population within the block
- Housing unit count within the block
- Land area
- Water area
- Urbanized/Rural indication
- Tribal land
- Identiifcation of the urbanized area that the block is in
- Black or African American
- American Indian and Alaska Native
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- Some Other Race
Ethnicity (count and percentage):
Housing Units (count):
Insititutionalized Population (count):
- Adult correctional centers
- Juvenile correctional centers
- Nursing facilities/Skilled-nursing facilities
Non-institutionalized Population (count):
- College/University student housing
- Military quarters
- Other noninstutionalized facilities
Racial demographic information is based on a factor that takes into consideration those who reported to the Census as being of multiple races.
All data from comes from the US Census Public Law 94-171 Redistricting Data, which replaced the Summary File 1 data that was used in 2010.
With the 2020 data load, REC is including demographic and extended housing unit data in-house for the first time.
The 2020 block data will eventually be integrated into future REC service offerings, which will be announced at a later date.
2010 block level data remains available in the Datastore.