LPFM Application Freeze July 19~August 2, 2017
In preparation for the first of the 2017 filing windows for cross-service FM translators for AM licensees, the FCC will impose a freeze on certain LPFM, FM translator and FM booster applications between July 19 and August 2, 2017.
During this period of time, applications for minor changes on LPFM stations can not be filed.
Examples of application types that can't be filed (Form 318):
- Location moves.
- Channel changes.
- Antenna height changes.
- Corrections to coordinates,antenna heights and HAAT calculations.
- Amendments to minor mofication applications.
Examples of application types that can be filed during the application freeze.
- License to cover to notify FCC that construction is completed (Form 319).
- Modification of license due to a change in antenna type and transmitter power output only (Form 319).
- Changes in time share schedules (Form 319).
- Assignments & Transfers (Form 316).
- Program test authority notifications.
- Change of address requests.
- Silent notifications and resumption of operations.
- Special Temporary Authority requests may be possible (please check with REC).
If you need assistance with an application, please contact REC at 1-844-REC-LPFM.
Any LPFM Form 318 filings during the freeze will be dismissed.
The freeze begins at 12:01 AM on July 19, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM on August 2, 2017.
Please also note that when translator applications are filed during the window (July 26~August 2), you will not see them in the REC tools including FCCdata.org and FCC.today. Also, those facilities will not be protected in myLPFM until after the FCC releases the translator application information after the window is completed. If you perform any LPFM searches between July 26 and August 2, we suggest you to not use that information from the tool and wait until after we announce that the translator applications have been loaded in our database.