REC Full Service
REC is currently providing FCC filing services and related assistance to existing LPFM, FM translator and Full-power FM licensees and construction permit holders.
Our services for LPFM include:
- Minor moves (less than 5.6 km)
- Major moves (more than 5.6 km where a "compelling argument" can be made)
- Minor channel changes (+/- 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 10.6 or 10.8 MHz)
- Major channel changes (to any channel if a showing can be made that either incoming or outgoing interference will be reduced. REC has been very successful in getting these granted)
- Second adjacent channel waivers (including "depression angle" waivers and REC's infamous "donut" waivers).
- Administrative changes and minor tower changes (such as changing height on the same tower).
- Time share agreement changes.
- Assign License/Transfer Control.
- Form 319 (License to Cover) filing. [Available through REC EZforms]
- Form 319 TPO (transmitter power output) changes. [Available through REC EZforms]
- Independent review of underwriting copy for potential compliance issues.
Our services for FM translators and boosters:
- Minor moves (where there is contour overlap between both stations)
- Minor channel changes (+/- 0.2, 0.4, 0,6, 10.6 or 10.8 MHz)
- Channel changes due to displacement.
- Second and third adjacent channel waivers.
- Administrative changes and minor tower changes.
- Assign License/Transfer Control.
- New FM booster stations (for existing full-power FM stations, these can be filed at any time).
- Important rule changes for FM translators rebroadcasting AM stations.
Our services for Full-Power FM:
- Minor moves (new location and/or channel are mutually exclusive to the existing).
- Change of Community of License.
- Community of License eligibility showings.
- "Tuck" analysis for communities near urbanized areas.
- In Alaska, lower-powered non-commercial FM stations (less than 100 watts) can be applied for at any time without having to wait for a filing window. (Full-power rules such as main studio, etc. apply.)
Why can't I just use data from myLPFM or RFREE?
The data on these tools are not perfect and to depend solely on these tools, especially for second adjacent channel waivers, these tools do not always take into consideration all potential issues such as interference to potential listeners. For our professional customers, we use a mix of REC designed tools and commercial broadcast engineering software. You definitely get a much higher level of service by going with REC without the uncertainty of the accuracy of the online tools or the high prices that some major engineering firms charge.
Certain applications can be filed with REC EZforms
REC is now providing online ordering of certain professional filing services. EZforms provides a user friendly method of entering in the information that we need to know and then followed up by our full service treatment to get you filed and through the FCC process. Applications started through EZforms can be done at a discount to our normal full service procing.
At this time, you can use EZforms for the following situations:
- Application to cover a construction permit (complete construction) using FCC Form 319.
- Application to change antenna and/or feedline and adjust transmitter power output using FCC Form 319.
For assistance, please call us at 1-844-REC-LPFM (844-732-5736).
The FCC is not accepting applications for new LPFM stations at this time. REC does not predict another LPFM filing window until at least 2020 (likely 2023).
The FCC is not accepting applications for new FM translators at this time. Possibly sometime in 2017, there will be two filing windows for FM translators. This window will be limited to existing AM licensees for translators that will be permanently attached to the AM station.
Please note that REC is not a station broker and we do not keep listings of stations and translators for sale.
Thank you for considering REC!